Hatred — The anger of the weak.
A man who lives, not by what he loves but what he hates, is a sick man.
Anger may repast with thee for an hour, but not repose for a night; the continuance of anger is hatred, the continuance of hatred turns malice.
Do nothing hastily but catching of fleas.
From the deepest desires often come the deadliest hate.
Hate can only flourish where love is absent.
Hate is always a clash between our spirit and someone else’s body.
Hating people is like burning down your own house to get rid of a rat.
Hatred can be overcome only by love.
Hatred does not cease by hatred, but only by love; this is the eternal rule.
- Hatred is a boomerang which is sure to hit you harder than the one at whom you throw it.
- Hatred is active, and envy passive dislike; there is but one step from envy to hate.
- Hatred is self-punishment. Hatred it the coward’s revenge for being intimidated.
- Hatred is the coward’s revenge for being intimidated.
- Hatred is the vice of narrow souls; they feed it with all their littleness, and make it the pretext of base tyrannies.
Honore De Balzac
- I have tried — not always successful — to remember this lesson: Even people I dislike have a piece of God. My task is to move the junk out of the way so that I can find it.
Robert P. O’Brien
- I will not permit any man to narrow and degrade my soul by making me hate him.
Booker T. Washington
- If you hate a person, you hate something in him that is part of yourself. What isn’t part of ourselves doesn’t disturb us.
- “You can safely assume that you’ve created God in your own image when it turns out that God hates all the same people you do.”
1 John 4:20 ESV
If anyone says, “I love God,” and hates his brother, he is a liar; for he who does not love his brother whom he has seen cannot love God whom he has not seen.
Proverbs 26:24-26 ESV
Whoever hates disguises himself with his lips and harbors deceit in his heart; when he speaks graciously, believe him not, for there are seven abominations in his heart; though his hatred be covered with deception, his wickedness will be exposed in the assembly.
Proverbs 12:16 ESV
The vexation of a fool is known at once, but the prudent ignores an insult.
James 1:19-20 ESV
Know this, my beloved brothers: let every person be quick to hear, slow to speak, slow to anger; for the anger of man does not produce the righteousness of God.
Lastly, my loves, these two are so true. Think on it, and help change the world one self at a time.
- A Rattlesnake, if Cornered will become so angry it will bite itself. That is exactly what the harboring of hate and resentment against others is – a biting of oneself. We think we are harming others in holding these spites and hates, but the deeper harm is to ourselves.
“A precious liquid, a poison dearer than that of the Borgias – because it is made
from our blood, our health, our sleep, and two-thirds of our love – we must be
stingy with it.”
I Love You
Love Covers A Multitude Of Sins