Psalm 51 (Continued)
3 For I acknowledge my sin is ever before me.
4 Against You, You only have I sinned and done this evil in Your sight- That You may be found just when You speak and blameless when You judge
Unconfessed sin separates us further away from God. If we try to hide our sin, I firmly believe we are keeping blessings away and neglecting the will of God our Father. Remember Adam and Cain, what happened when they tried to hide and not confess? We are lying to God, if we do not confess and are cast off from him. See what Isaiah has to say below. He knows we are all sinners. Even though God knows all, He is waiting for us, His children, to acknowledge so that we KNOW in our heart and soul WE did wrong and truly want to change. It all goes back to the condition of our heart. (See post-Guarding Your Heart https://talkativeangel.wordpress.com/2012/08/05/guarding-your-heart-my-thoughts-16-2/)
We can’t seek His kingdom and righteousness when in denial with self. Jesus tells us to seek His kingdom in Matthew 6:33. (Please read at your leisure) If we confess, and do right, He forgives us and we are covered as long as we stop committing the sin. Wow, we have so much work to do with self, don’t we, with even the smallest of sin? No matter how large or how small it is per our perception, God sees any sin as SIN.
Pray and CONFESS! It is my belief that God’s forgiveness of our sins is one of the most important and loving gifts He gives.
- Psalm 32:1- Blessed is he whose transgression is forgiven whose sin is covered
- Psalm 32:2- Blessed is the man to whom the Lord does not impute iniquity and in whose spirit there is no guile.
- Jeremiah 3:11-13- Then the Lord said to me, “Backsliding Israel has shown herself more righteous than treacherous Judah. Go and proclaim these words toward the north, and say: ‘Return, backsliding Israel,’ says the Lord; ‘I will not cause My anger to fall on you. For I am merciful,’ says the Lord; ‘I will not remain angry forever. Only acknowledge your iniquity, That you have transgressed against the Lord your God,
- Acts 3:19- Repent therefore and be converted, that your sins may be blotted out, so that times of refreshing may come from the presence of the Lord,
- Ephesians 1:4- just as He chose us in Him before the foundation of the world, that we should be holy and without blame before Him in love,
- Job 8:20- Behold, God will not cast away the blameless, Nor will He uphold the evildoers.
- Isaiah 59:2-3 – But your iniquities have separated you from your God; and your sins have hidden His face from you, so that He will not hear. For your hands are defiled with blood, and your fingers with iniquity; your lips have spoken lies, your tongue has muttered perversity.
- Isaiah 59:9- Therefore justice is far from us, nor does righteousness overtake us; We look for light, but there is darkness! For brightness, but we walk in blackness.
- Proverbs 28:13- He who covers his sins will not prosper, But whoever confesses and forsakes them will have mercy.
- 1 John 1:9- If we confess our sins, He is faithful and just to forgive us our sins and so cleanse us from our unrighteousness.
Matthew 7:21-23-21 “Not everyone who says to Me, ‘Lord, Lord,’ shall enter the kingdom of heaven, but he who does the will of My Father in heaven. Many will say to Me in that day, ‘Lord, Lord, have we not prophesied in Your name, cast out demons in Your name, and done many wonders in Your name?’ And then I will declare to them, ‘I never knew you; depart from Me, you who practice lawlessness!’
With those verses in mind spoken by Jesus Himself, I encourage us all to confess our sins to God, and pray for Him to guide our heart that we may follow the teachings of Jesus and be able to enter His kingdom of heaven. Without confession, how will you know to do His will? If you don’t know His will, you are indeed lawless, right? Remember any sin committed, you have not only committed it against self and another, but God Himself. Think on these questions to have an idea of how He feels. You know the feeling, if you have kids who have not confessed a wrongdoing to you that you know about? You know the feeling if you have a spouse or significant other who has wronged you and not confessed? You know the feeling when you know you have been treated unfairly and wronged by others, but they never admit to their wrongdoing?
AND NOW I’LL SHUT IT. SETTLE YOUR ISSUES WITH GOD FIRST. 🙂 😛
LOVE COVERS A MULTITUDE OF SINS
- Things To Ask God For And Why-Part I- My Thoughts (talkativeangel.wordpress.com)
- Jesus and Forgiveness (christophercrandolph.wordpress.com)
- PARABLE OF THE PRODIGAL SON -What is the meaning (ioan17.wordpress.com)