Wow! November is almost over. This year has flown by as time normally fly in and out each blessed given day. I was reading my Seeking God study plan tonight from the Book of Matthew, Chapter 9. I was slapped outta the wild dark sky with full moon light, the Faith Spirit took over. Thank you Jesus!
It’s amazing how I find and/or how we find things that have been there all along, even after reading it over and over again. We have to be totally engulfed in the Spirit to know its true meaning and how it applies to one’s life, when diving and swimming into the Word of God. The Bible, duh! I felt like a red shiny apple thrown into a warm melted bowl of caramel, just covering me all over, ready for eating enjoyment when reading these scripture reminders about FAITH. For the love of Christ, let’s call it the wisdom growth stage that we experience as we crawl, walk, run, jump, climb, and swim more with Him.
Ok, ok, so I was reading about FAITH. And it occurred to me, that FAITH is a thing very powerful, dominant, governing, and prevailing. Lord, have mercy Jesus, what a noun! Nouns are a person, place, or thing….correct? Before I go a ranting, let’s just look at the definition of FAITH for faith’s sake.
1. Confident belief in the truth, value, or trustworthiness of a person, idea, or thing.
3. Loyalty to a person or thing; allegiance: keeping faith with one’s supporters.
4. often Faith Christianity The theological virtue defined as secure belief in God and a trusting acceptance of God’s will.
Here we go now!
In Matthew 9:18-33, we read about 4 beautifully written episodes of faith. I’ll just break it down here.
- The woman with the issue of bleeding for 12 years. What did she do? Reached out and touched in FAITH and was healed at that very moment. Let’s shout it together. FAITH IS POWERFUL.
- The synagogue leader who went to Jesus and said “My daughter has just died, But come and put your hand on her, and she will live.” What did the leader do? He believed before taking Jesus to his daughter. Shout! FAITH IS GOVERNING.
- The two blind men following Him, just a calling out for Him to have mercy on them. They went in behind closed doors and (watch this) Jesus asked them “Do you believe that I am able to do this?” What did they say? “YES LORD.” Shout it on out! FAITH IS PREVAILING.
- While the two newly bright eyed and joyful tattlers were going out, someone brought in a man who was demon-possessed AND could not talk, to see Jesus. Hold on beloved to that horsey bridle! Here is the wild ride. (a)He can’t speak to tell Jesus what he desires. (b)He is possessed by a dominating demon.(c) He is face to face with Jesus…..he is no longer possessed by a demon AND he can speak. Shout it out! AND “Ride like the wind Bullseye!” (Woody from Toy Story) FAITH IS DOMINANT.
In these 4 events I’ve chosen, I hope you noticed as I did with the help of the Holy Spirit, these individuals either came to Jesus or Jesus was taken to the place after being sought out. You have to have faith in Him in order for Him to be pleased. Why would anyone do anything for you if they were not pleased with you in a Christ like manner? Think on it! <————–ITALICIZED BOLD IS HERE :-)
And here’s moi summary which proves 2 major FACT’S about FAITH from that author unknown who brews and also knew a lot about FAITH. If you need a reminder on the lesson of Faith, read the entire Book of Hebrews.
1. Hebrews 11:1-Now faith is the substance of things hoped for, the evidence of things not seen.
2. Hebrews 11:6-But without faith it is impossible to please him: for he that cometh to God must believe that he is, and that he is a rewarder of them that diligently seek him.
Now, my faithful and faith believing beloved one’s, skip back up to my words in italicized bold. Do you see where I’m coming from by presenting these two FACT finding scriptures about FAITH?
Aside from it being the will of God, because of their FAITH in Him, Jesus was able to heal a sick woman, raise a dead girl, heal two blind men, and cast out a demon and He gave a mute man the gift of speech. He must have been giving a 2 for 1 special for the demon possessed one on that day. His faith must have been immeasurable. I’m sure it wasn’t like “Black Friday” after Thanksgiving. :-P
And might I add FAITH is a protective coating for us. It is a part of the whole/full armor of God. Let’s read about it:
- 1 Thessalonians 5:8 (NIV)-But since we belong to the day, let us be self-controlled, putting on faith and love as a breastplate, and the hope of salvation as a helmet.
Ephesians 6:10-18 (NIV)——-The Armor of God
10 Finally, be strong in the Lord and in his mighty power. 11 Put on the full armor of God, so that you can take your stand against the devil’s schemes. 12 For our struggle is not against flesh and blood, but against the rulers, against the authorities, against the powers of this dark world and against the spiritual forces of evil in the heavenly realms. 13 Therefore put on the full armor of God, so that when the day of evil comes, you may be able to stand your ground, and after you have done everything, to stand. 14 Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, 15 and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace. 16 In addition to all this, take up the shield of faith, with which you can extinguish all the flaming arrows of the evil one. 17 Take the helmet of salvation and the sword of the Spirit, which is the word of God.
18 And pray in the Spirit on all occasions with all kinds of prayers and requests. With this in mind, be alert and always keep on praying for all the Lord’s people.
Closing It! :-) :-P
FAITH PLAYS A BIG PART IN MAKING IT TO THE HOLY CITY THAT’S A COMING DOWN! That’s my belief. Keep The Faith! It’s your JOY in the Lord. It’s your SHIELD.
Never, ever, ever, let anyone steal YOUR JOY and DON’T you take JOY away from others.
LOVE COVERS A MULTITUDE OF SINS