My morning reading partner, the Holy Spirit, shared with me a reminder from the Book of Hebrews this morning Dec 8, 2012. Yep, you’ve guessed it! Hebrews 11, one of the biggest faith chapters in the bible. Don’t need a dictionary here, the writer makes sure we are aware of what FAITH is.
Hebrews 11:1- Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see.
A verse that really had the boomerang effect this morning. Let me share verse 13 with you: All these people were still living by faith when they died. They did not receive the things promised; they only saw them and welcomed them from a distance, admitting that they were foreigners and strangers on earth.
Do you realize that this verse is telling us who are Christians that because of faith, God‘s promise to us will never be void, even unto the grave? What a great reminder and eye opener! Lord have mercy Jesus!
Let’s take a look and read along in your bible the verses relating to each found throughout the bible, as to what happened because of and by faith. Ok, lovebirds, pull out the bible or read along online.
- The universe was formed
- Abel had a better offering for God, and by faith Abel still speaks even though he is dead.
- Enoch escaped the death experience. Because of his faith, he pleased God
- Noah by faith heeded God’s warning and lived with all kinds of animals on an ark. 😛
- Abraham by faith obeyed God without hesitation
- Sarah by faith, was able to bear children past the given childbearing age. (A reminder that with faith , ANY and EVERYTHING is possible with God.)
- Abraham, because of faith offered his son Isaac as a sacrifice to God. Is this something you could ever bring yourself to do, offer up your child as a scarifice to God? Do you have that much faith?
- Isaac lived because of faith, and by faith he blessed his son’s Jacob and Esau in regard to their future.
Note to self- Noticed faith appears to be generational and a big concern for the future of their children.
- Jacob, by faith on his deathbed blessed each of his grandchildren born of Joseph, and worshipped the Lord.
- Joseph “when his end was near” because of his faith spoke aforetime about the exodus of the Israelites from Egypt. (Hmmm, do you have this type of faith?)
- Moses‘ parents by faith hid him and was not afraid of the king’s ruling during that time.
- Moses by faith refused to be recognized as the son of a pharoah, chose to be treated as a slave, left Egypt, kept the Passover, regarded disgrace in the name of and for God, and was able to give the commandments of God to God’s people.
- The walls of Jericho fell (Can you imagine tons of stones broken only because of faith and never touched?)
- Rahab the prostitute, because of faith, she helped people of God and I just know her name is written in the Book of Life.
- Because of faith, there were those who “conquered kingdoms, administered justice, gained what was promised, shut the mouths of lions, quenched the fury of the flames, escaped the edge of a sword, weakness became strength,received back their dead ” and even survived being in the belly of a big fish, and it goes on and on folks.- Reference all books of the bible.
And I want to add, that by faith, Joseph stayed with Mary, knowing he wasn’t the “biological father” of our greatest Believer and Trustee of Faith, our Savior, Jesus Christ.
Hebrews 11:39-40 – These were all commended for their faith, yet none of them received what had been promised, since God had planned something better for us so that only together with us would they be made perfect.
Hebrews 11:6 – And without faith it is impossible to please God, because anyone who comes to him must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who earnestly seek him.
And now my beautiful people in Jesus, may you all have a blessed and faith filled Saturday. Off to shoe hunting I go. By faith I shall find the perfect shoe within 30 minutes time that I can walk around in and praise the Lord while I’m living in the Holy City. Faith prepares you.
The writer of Hebrews reminds us of two caveats (possibly caviar for you seafood lovers…wink wink) concerning faith;
“BE SURE” and “BE CERTAIN”.
Thank you for spending time with me and the Lord this morning on the great reminder of what happens Because of and By Faith.
Love Covers A Multitude of Sins