Fun! Fun! Fun! …….singing over the river and through the woods, to grandmother’s house we go. Words of old to share with readers. Enjoy!
I came across these words several years ago on the site below. A thought ran across my mind to research how, when, and what gave a spelling to a word and who decided that it was the definition for the word. I was wondering if God had given Adam, Moses, or Noah a dictionary. Stick pictures I can understand. 😛 However, I am still at a lost when it comes to the origin of its meaning. I always figured I could make up a word and a meaning to go along with it. 🙂
Let’s see I think I’ll make a sentence out of a few of the words I found; amarulence, autexousious ( see definition below)
Because of Jonah’s amarulence for the fish, he pulled the fish from the water and threw it in the sand. To Jonah’s surprise, the fish was still autexousious to swim when it came to swimming in the sand. 😛
Now let me think of a moral for those statements. Hmmm? How about….. When taken from your natural environment, adaptation looms large????? Boing!!!! LOL
Here is the website where I found some oddly fantastical words: http://phrontistery.info/index.html
Here are a few A words that tickled my brain:
• Alabandical-adj -barbarous; stupefied from drink
• Adytum-n – sacred part of a temple or church; church chancel
• Agapetae-n -churchwomen who live platonically with celibate men Huh?
• Agonistic-adj -of, like or pertaining to or being aggressive or argumentative
• Amandation-n -act of sending away or dismissing
• Alopecoid-adj – of or resembling a fox
• Amarulence-n -bitterness; spite
• Anchorite-n -one withdrawn from the world for religious reasons
• Antipelargy-n -reciprocal or mutual kindness; love and care of children for their parents
• Aretaloger-n – braggart; one who boasts about his own accomplishments
• Austerulous-adj – somewhat or slightly harsh
• Autexousious-adj -exercising or possessing free will
• Auricular-adj -of, like or pertaining to the ear; spoken secretly
• Aureole-adj -radiant light around head or body of holy personage
I Love You
Words Are Powerful Letters
29 Let no corrupting talk come out of your mouths, but only such as is good for building up, as fits the occasion, that it may give grace to those who hear.
21 His speech was smooth as butter, yet war was in his heart; his words were softer than oil, yet they were drawn swords.
- Words, Words and More Words – What is Really Being Said? (authormccloskeyspeaks.wordpress.com)
- Letters of Note: I like words (angieinspired.wordpress.com)