The Lord has really been great in blessing me with great gifts (grandkids and kids). This past Thursday after a year long prayer was answered, I SHOUT to the world that I am so grateful for the Lord’s mercy and goodness to me and mine and His will. He always answers my prayers. I am still having a praise fest. Wanna come? So my beloved ones, I will share with you quotes, proverbs, and scriptures about FAMILY today and leave you with this thought….Whatever the Lord gives to you, cherish it with nothing but LOVE, and always be in prayer, thanking and praising him, not just asking. Family members are not mistakes. – Moi I think? If not moi, it’s what I feel and think about family.
- Families are like fudge – mostly sweet with a few nuts. –Author Unknown
- Family quarrels are bitter things. They don’t go according to any rules. They’re not like aches or wounds; they’re more like splits in the skin that won’t heal because there’s not enough material. – Anonymous
- The family. We were a strange little band of characters trudging through life sharing diseases and toothpaste, coveting one another’s desserts, hiding shampoo, borrowing money, locking each other out of our rooms, inflicting pain and kissing to heal it in the same instant, loving, laughing, defending, and trying to figure out the common thread that bound us all together. – Erma Bombeck
- You don’t choose your family. They are God’s gift to you, as you are to them. ~Desmond Tutu
- Our most basic instinct is not for survival but for family. Most of us would give our own life for the survival of a family member, yet we lead our daily life too often as if we take our family for granted. –Paul Pearshall
- The only rock I know that stays steady, the only institution I know that works is the family. –Lee Iacocca
- If the family were a fruit, it would be an orange, a circle of sections, held together but separable – each segment distinct. – Letty Cottin Pogrebin
- Are we not like two volumes of one book?-Marceline Desbordes-Valmore
- A man ought to live so that everybody knows he is a Christian… and most of all, his family ought to know.-Dwight L. Moody
- Adam was the luckiest man; he had no mother-in-law.- Mark Twain 😛
- He that loves not his wife and children feeds a lioness at home, and broods a nest of sorrows.-Jeremy Taylor
- A farmer who had a quarrelsome family called his sons and told them to lay a bunch of sticks before him. Then, after laying the sticks parallel to one another and binding them, he challenged his sons, one after one, to pick up the bundle and break it. They all tried, but in vain. Then, untying the bundle, he gave them the sticks to break one by one. This they did with the greatest ease. Then said the father, Thus, my sons, as long as you remain united, you are a match for anything, but differ and separate, and you are undone.-Aesop
- In a broken nest there are few whole eggs.-Chinese Proverb
- Man is the head of the family, woman the neck that turns the head.-Chinese Proverb
- Look for the good, not the evil, in the conduct of members of the family.-Jewish Proverb
- None but a mule denies his family.-Arabian Proverb
- The family is the most basic unit of government. As the first community to which a person is attached and the first authority under which a person learns to live, the family establishes society’s most basic values.-Charles Caleb Colton
- “The same Jesus Who turned water into wine can transform your home, your life, your family, and your future. He is still in the miracle-working business, and His business is the business of transformation.”- Adrian Rogers
- Psalm 137:3-5 – Children are a heritage from the Lord, offspring a reward from him. 4 Like arrows in the hands of a warrior are children born in one’s youth. Blessed is the man whose quiver is full of them. They will not be put to shame when they contend with their opponents in court.
- Romans 8:16-17 – The Spirit himself bears witness with our spirit that we are children of God, and if children, then heirs—heirs of God and fellow heirs with Christ, provided we suffer with him in order that we may also be glorified with him.
- Proverbs 11:29 -Whoever brings ruin on their family will inherit only wind, and the fool will be servant to the wise.
- Proverbs 18:19 – A brother offended is harder to be won than a strong city: and their contentions are like the bars of a castle.
- Psalm 103:17 -But from everlasting to everlasting the LORD’s love is with those who fear him, and his righteousness with their children’s children
- Ephesians 1:5 – Having predestinated us unto the adoption of children by Jesus Christ to himself, according to the good pleasure of his will,
I Love You
Love Covers A Multitude Of Sins