I was thinking about strength today, how sometimes it wears you down, and pondered, if one could exist in this place called life without it? I came to one conclusion that if one has a heart which bleeds and pumps faith, then one cannot be weak.
I don’t think I answered my question, the mind is still wandering, but that’ll do for now.
Incoming fables, quotes & scriptures!
The Thrift of Strength
A weak man going down-hill met a strong man going up, and said: “I take this direction because it requires less exertion, not from choice. I pray you, sir, assist me to regain the summit.”
“Gladly,” said the Strong Man, his face illuminated with the glory of his thought. “I have always considered my strength a sacred gift in trust for my fellow-men. I will take you along with me. Just get behind me and push.”
The Belly and the Members
ONE fine day it occurred to the Members of the Body that they were doing all the work and the Belly was having all the food. So they held a meeting, and after a long discussion, decided to go on strike until the Belly consented to take its proper share of the work. So for a day or two, the Hands refused to take the food, the Mouth refused to receive it, and the Teeth had no work to do.
But after a day or two the Members began to find that they themselves were not in a very active condition: the Hands could hardly move, and the Mouth was all parched and dry, while the Legs were unable to support the rest. So thus they found that even the Belly in its dull quiet way was doing necessary work for the Body, and that all must work together or the Body will go to pieces.
The moral of the story: Unity is Strength.
“Confront the dark parts of yourself, and work to banish them with illumination and forgiveness. Your willingness to wrestle with your demons will cause your angels to sing. Use the pain as fuel, as a reminder of your strength.”
- “It takes more courage to reveal insecurities than to hide them, more strength to relate to people than to dominate them, more ‘manhood’ to abide by thought-out principles rather than blind reflex. Toughness is in the soul and spirit, not in muscles and an immature mind.” – Alex Karras
- “There are two ways of exerting one’s strength: one is pushing down, the other is pulling up.” Booker T.Washington
- ” Strength does not come from physical capacity. It comes from an indomitable will.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “If God sends us on strong paths, we are provided strong shoes.” – Corrie TenBoom
- “Strength does not come from winning. Your struggles develop your strengths. When you go through hardships and decide not to surrender, that is strength.” – Arnold Schwarzenegger
- “For an impenetrable shield, stand inside yourself.” – Henry D. Thoreau
- “The weak can never forgive. Forgiveness is the attribute of the strong.” – Mahatma Gandhi
- “He who gains a victory over other men is strong; but he who gains a victory over himself is all powerful.”-
- “My strength is as the strength of ten, because my heart is pure.” Alfred Lord Tennyson
- “A person is strong only when he stands upon his own truth, when he speaks and acts from his deepest convictions. Then, whatever the situation he may be in, he always knows what he must say and do. He may fall, but he cannot bring shame upon himself or his causes.” Mikhail Alexandrovich Bakunin
- “The deeper we look, the more we shall be convinced that the one thing wanting, which we must strive to acquire before all others, is strength physical, strength mental, strength moral, but above all strength spiritual which is the one inexhaustible and imperishable source of all the others. If we have strength everything else will be added to us easily and naturally.” Sri Aurobindo
The LORD is my strength and song, and he is become my salvation: he is my God.
– Exodus 15:2
God is my strength and power: and he maketh my way perfect.
– 2 Samuel 22:33
Glory and honor are in his presence; strength and gladness are in his place.
Give unto the LORD, ye kindreds of the people, give unto the LORD glory and strength.
– 1 Chronicles 16:27-28
The joy of the LORD is your strength.
– Nehemiah 8:10
The LORD is my rock, and my fortress, and my deliverer; my God, my strength, in whom I will trust.
– Psalm 18:2
The LORD is my strength and my shield.
– Psalm 28:7
Thou shalt increase my greatness, and comfort me on every side.
– Psalm 71:21
Blessed is the man whose strength is in thee.
– Psalm 84:5
I can do all things through Christ which strengthens me.
– Philippians 4:13
..fear not, for I am with you; be not dismayed, for I am your God; I will strengthen you, I will help you, I will uphold you with my righteous right hand.
– Isaiah 41:10
Even though I walk through the valley of the shadow of death, I will fear no evil, for you are with me; your rod and your staff, they comfort me.
A Simple Prayer
Heavenly Father, Give Us All Strength In the Name of Jesus
I LOVE YOU
LOVE COVERS A MULTITUDE OF SINS
- Strength Comes From God Bible Verses (placeofthelord.wordpress.com)