However, I do have peace whereas Papaw is concerned because I know he lived for God while on this earth through his faith, his words, and his actions. I am so blessed to be sharing my thoughts with you from my time with God and Papaw in spirit this morning while reading from 1 Peter 4:1-11.
Let’s meditate and ask ourselves…Self how do you know that God lives for you? As for me, my answers are simple and faithfully believed in by His words and actions. Let me share them with you. 😛
- I was given life by Him and I am made in His image. (Genesis 1:26, Genesis 2:7)
- Not to mention, He grew weary of sending messages through others, so much so that He sent Himself in the flesh to live with me(Isaiah 9:6, Matthew 1:20-22, 1 Timothy 3:16, and Colossians 1:9) Side note to self, I need to practice more of face to face reconciliation with God so that my sins are revealed directly to me.
- He suffered and died for my sins when He was sinless, so that I might have life everlasting to live with Him eternally in the same place that He lives and have prepared just for me for He is a living God.( John 10:27-30,Luke 20:37-38, 1Peter 3:18 and POW- John 14:1-3… This is the Knockout Punch –Revelation 21:3-4 And I heard a loud voice from heaven saying, “Behold, the tabernacle of God is with men, and He will dwell with them, and they shall be His people. God Himself will be with them and be their God. And God will wipe away every tear from their eyes; there shall be no more death, nor sorrow, nor crying. There shall be no more pain, for the former things have passed away.”)
Now that’s some powerful stuff I was led to meditate on this morning, while spending time alone with God and thinking about my Papaw. TYHS!
I’m going to post the scriptures here from 1 Peter 4, so that you do not have to jump back and forth from your bible. Enjoy this meal!
|1 Peter 4|
|New King James Version (NKJV)|
|Therefore, since Christ suffered for us in the flesh, arm yourselves also with the same mind, for he who has suffered in the flesh has ceased from sin, 2 that he no longer should live the rest of his time in the flesh for the lusts of men, but for the will of God. 3 For we have spent enough of our past lifetime in doing the will of the Gentiles—when we walked in lewdness, lusts, drunkenness, revelries, drinking parties, and abominable idolatries. 4 In regard to these, they think it strange that you do not run with them in the same flood of dissipation, speaking evil of you. 5 They will give an account to Him who is ready to judge the living and the dead. 6 For this reason the gospel was preached also to those who are dead, that they might be judged according to men in the flesh, but live according to God in the spirit.|
|7 But the end of all things is at hand; therefore be serious and watchful in your prayers. 8 And above all things have fervent love for one another, for “love will cover a multitude of sins.” 9 Be hospitable to one another without grumbling. 10 As each one has received a gift, minister it to one another, as good stewards of the manifold grace of God. 11 If anyone speaks, let him speak as the oracles of God. If anyone ministers, let him do it as with the ability which God supplies, that in all things God may be glorified through Jesus Christ, to whom belong the glory and the dominion forever and ever. Amen.|
Peter made some great points about SIN in verses 1-6. How can I put this in kindergarten terms? If you continue to live in Sin, you will not live with God, nor are you living for Him. To my beloved ones who are reading this, know this ONE fact about SIN and think about how you have not lived for God. In order for us to personally overcome SIN, we need to acknowledge, accept rebuke, and repent of those sins and be obedient to the will of God in the name of Jesus Christ. Right? My thoughts are definitely from my experience with SIN. Using Peter’s verses, I’ll sum up the ONE fact I’ve come to believe in 6 words:
SIN IS A WASTE OF TIME (Verse 3)
Peter also made it CLEAR to us that there is ONE thing we can do to live for God. Do you know what it is? Huh, do ya do ya? My beloved ones, if you have studied the Holy Bible, then you know that it has NEVER been kept as a secret from us within the books of Genesis through Revelation.
Proof 101- Luke 24:27 – And beginning at Moses and all the Prophets, He expounded to them in all the Scriptures the things concerning Himself.
ARM YOURSELVES ALSO WITH THE SAME MIND AS CHRIST(Verse 1)
Let us first take a look at this word:
ARM -intransitive verb: to prepare oneself for struggle or resistance.
In verses 7-11 tells us just how to arm ourselves:
- Be serious and watchful in our prayers. Jesus tells us to do such in Luke 22:40- When He came to the place, He said to them, “Pray that you may not enter into temptation.”
- Have FERVENT love for one another, not just love. That means to love from the heart and soul. Warning!!!!! If you can’t love fervently you have been disarmed by Satan.
- Be hospitable to others and ditch the argumentative stage and back biting.
- Use the gift God gave you to minister to others that you come in contact with. It is my opinion that even a genuine smile towards another can be a blessing to others.
- Speak as Jesus spoke when He spoke about the Kingdom of God. Speak up the truth to all that you have conversations with. Yeah or Nay, no maybe.
- God has got your back and front and will be (not should be) glorified in all things that you do through and in the name of Jesus Christ. He is ARMED, and so you should be too.
Allow me to throw in one more bible verse.
I have been crucified with Christ; it is no longer I who live, but Christ lives in me; and the life which I now live in the flesh I live by faith in the Son of God, who loved me and gave Himself for me.
With that being noted, I shall end my post with this thought for you to think seriously about: Since we were made in His image, why is it so hard for us to know His will? Think about it and start Living For God by letting Him live in you BECAUSE He Lives For You.
I LOVE YOU
LOVE COVERS A MULTITUDE OF SINS