Great Saturday Afternoon ! I was listening to a sermon on line the other day while riding the train through Genesis again. I just seem to never get enough of reading Genesis. Every time I read it, I am excited about new spiritual messages received from God. Ok, so the preacher was asking… “Who do you say that you are when you profess to be a believer?” He went on to say that “many inside the church do not know who they are in Christ…even so, after many years of attending church, there are some of you sitting here in these pews that don’t know who you are, nor do you know who God is.” I thought wow, that’s a harsh and sad truth. Of course that got me to thinking about Who does God say that He is? Not, who do the people in the bible say that He is. I decided to research. Boarding train…Toot! Toot! Reflective Vocabulary Words
|profess-1. To affirm openly; declare or claim: 2. To make a pretense of; pretend:|
|proclaim-1. To announce officially and publicly; declare.2. To indicate conspicuously; make plain:3. To praise; extol.|
Lord-1. a person who has authority, control, or power over others; master or ruler. 8. the Supreme Being; God. 9. Jesus Christ. 10. Archaic. husband.
I remember thinking back to a time (dinosaur age) when my Pawpaw was telling me about and teaching me how to read the Holy Bible. I remembered me asking him, how did God just poof out of nowhere in the beginning and the first part of the story doesn’t tell who He is, but it tells what He does and say. My smart and quick thinking Pawpaw said…”Little Question Mark, ( I don’t think he ever called me by my birth name) the way that you get to know anyone is usually by spending time with them to see what they do and say. King David said in the book of Psalms that The heavens declare the glory of God; and the firmament sheweth his handywork. Let the words of my mouth, and the meditation of my heart, be acceptable in thy sight, O LORD, my strength, and my redeemer. Oh! the verses he quoted were from Psalms 19:1 and 14 which I found out later on.
You know, the Holy Spirit brings to remembrance who my Pawpaw was in Christ and who he was to me when I go through things he left me. As I have aged, I’ve come to know the answers to the many questions I used to ask him as a child, even those that I “change the subject” on.
Ok, so here is what I found about Who does God say that He is. It wasn’t much written,. However, either through our experiences or through reading the Holy Bible, we know about what He has done, who others say that He is, and what He says He will do.
- Revelation 22:13 I am Alpha and Omega, the beginning and the end, the first and the last.
- Exodus 3:13 And Moses said unto God, Behold, when I come unto the children of Israel, and shall say unto them, The God of your fathers hath sent me unto you; and they shall say to me, What is his name? what shall I say unto them? 14 And God said unto Moses, I AM THAT I AM: and he said, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, I AM hath sent me unto you. 15 And God said moreover unto Moses, Thus shalt thou say unto the children of Israel, The LORD God of your fathers, the God of Abraham, the God of Isaac, and the God of Jacob, hath sent me unto you: this is my name for ever, and this is my memorial unto all generations.
- Exodus 34: 4 And he hewed two tables of stone like unto the first; and Moses rose up early in the morning, and went up unto mount Sinai, as the LORD had commanded him, and took in his hand the two tables of stone. 5 And the LORD descended in the cloud, and stood with him there, and proclaimed the name of the LORD. 6 And the LORD passed by before him, and proclaimed, The LORD, The LORD God, merciful and gracious, longsuffering, and abundant in goodness and truth,
Have you ever heard the wind speak? I sing with joy, sing with me my loves(TYHS)…Said the night wind to the little lamb: Do you see what I see? ‘Way up in the sky, little lamb, Do you see what I see? A star, a star Dancing in the night,: With a tail as big as a kite. : I see that God “proclaimed” that He is “The Lord, The Lord God”. He is not just God, but “The Lord, The Lord God.” Do you see it?
- He is Alpha and Omega (Rev 1:8;22:13)
- He is Mercy, Grace ,Patience, and Good(Exodus 34:6) See it!
- He is Truth (John 14)
- He is Light (John 12:42-48)
- He is The Door (John 10:7-10)
Without prolonging this message, let me sum up what the Holy Spirit has shared with me. I have NO doubt about Who God says that He is. Remember in Genesis where He says “Let Us make man in Our image, after Our likeness…?” I profess that He is the Lord God. He is Jesus. He is the Holy Spirit. He is also our Heavenly Father(Matthew 5:45;48).
The book of John is one of many informative books in the Holy Bible listing the many words of Jesus. Please read or reread until the Spirit shows you Who God says He is and not what His characteristics are. I know, it’s hard to separate the two. All we have to ever do is go back to the beginning to know who God is because He never changes. My darlings, three words… “In the Beginning”, say a lot more to us than some of us know or think. (TYHS)
Do you know Who Does God say that He Is?
I Love You