Find the seed at the bottom of your heart and bring forth a flower.– Shigenori Kameoka
A Perk- The gifts from the Spirit of the Lord are all gifts that we are to ask for. They are not resting upon us as they rested on the Root of Jesse. I discovered this as I was briefly studying the gifts. Lord given wisdom gives us the ability to be beautifully great and strong discerners. Solomon’s wisdom was counted among the greatest. (1Kings 4:29-30-1; 1Kings 10:23)
As we know, wisdom is mostly referred to as “she” and “it” in the bible. So… it’s fair to conclude that wisdom is indeed a female epitome, not a male nor a transgender epitome? There is absolutely no confusion to wisdom’s gender identity or gender expression here unless we want to view wisdom as a seahorse. The Fact-wisdom’s epitome of being a “she” and an “it” in the bible is never explained. That stands as is. However on the other hand, there could be a point to argue since “it” was in the beginning. I won’t argue the point because I’m not going outside of what the Spirit of the Lord is showing me at this time- “She” is it.
I found that wisdom is considered the “first” or “highest” gift of the “Holy Spirit.” So I asked self why that is. I believe it is because of the following verses. (TYHS)
Proverbs 8:22-23; 30 was an eye opener. Wisdom Speaks. I’ve never paid attention to these verses before (you read vs. 11-36)
22-23;30- The Lord possessed me in the beginning of his way, before his works of old. I was set up from everlasting, from the beginning, or ever the earth was….Then I was by him, as one brought up with him: and I was daily his delight, rejoicing always before him;
Wow, have you ever given deep thought about those verses? I’ve just experienced a cleansing and am in such awe right now as I write this. Let me calm down! (TYHS)
And then there is Job 28:12-28. I could not get away from what Job said about God and wisdom in verses 26 & 27.
26 When he (God)made a decree for the rain, and a way for the lightning of the thunder:
27-“Then did he see it, and declare it; he prepared it, yea, and searched it out.”
And those words threw me back to:
Genesis 1:2– And the earth was without form, and void; and darkness was upon the face of the deep. And the Spirit of God moved upon the face of the waters.
(TYHS! TYHS!) If the Holy Spirit keeps speaking to me, this post will be 8,000 words or more on this subject alone. That is reserved for my upcoming book…can’t share everything here!
Let me share a few questions and thoughts on wisdom. In this study, I have discovered that the heart’s condition is dependent upon us getting wisdom from God. Please read :Ps 90:12;Pro 4:6-7; Ecc:10:2; Col. 2:2-3(I’m so in awe of that finding- TYHS) In my Heart and Mind seminars, absolutely no one leaves without knowing the importance of the heart’s condition with God, including me.
- How does one get wisdom? James 1:5
- Who gives us wisdom? Dan 1:17
- What is the difference in wisdom from God and wisdom from reading other books? (James 3:17– from God) It has been my experience when reading other books that I have gained more knowledge instead of more wisdom. When reading the words inspired by God, I can harden not my heart-receive His gift of wisdom to make pure decisions when it concerns people. Sometimes our hearts change on a daily basis, depending on us being hurt or loved. I will not lie…sometimes that gift is hidden from me because I have not been obedient in heart to His word. We all have disobedient days, right? When reading other books, I learn about why a person’s heart may be the way it is and the actions that stem from it, which becomes both knowledge and news to me.
- Can the gift of wisdom be taken away? Yes (Are you shocked?)Isaiah 29: 13-15– Wherefore the Lord said, Forasmuch as this people draw near me with their mouth, and with their lips do honour me, but have removed their heart far from me, and their fear toward me is taught by the precept of men: Therefore, behold, I will proceed to do a marvellous work among this people, even a marvellous work and a wonder: for the wisdom of their wise men shall perish, and the understanding of their prudent men shall be hid. Woe unto them that seek deep to hide their counsel from the Lord, and their works are in the dark, and they say, Who seeth us? and who knoweth us?
- This one is not a question. I disagree with these statements I found “The seven gifts of the Holy Spirit is a concept in Catholicism. The gifts refer to the seven graces bestowed upon Catholics who follow their faith correctly. …..Catholics are encouraged to use these gifts in daily life. Gifts come as a byproduct of living a spiritually pure life, and also through the sacrament of confirmation, a Catholic rite of passage” It is not a concept in Catholicism. It is for ALL Christians who follow God with their heart. You can’t use His gifts daily if the Lord has not rested upon you. The Root of Jesse is the “rite of passage.” As Christians, our desire should be to become closer to the Lord, to receive the Gifts from the Spirit of the Lord. And that’s the essence of what I have to say about those statements. If I have offended anyone, forgive me.
- Having wisdom teeth does not make us wise.
Whoa!!! Marshmallows on fire for a moment. I have experienced that wisdom often makes me very discerning…full of eyes rolling everywhere like Ezekiel’s wheel. It’s not a scary feeling when I experience such, it’s more of an ‘I’m ready to see; I don’t want to know because I can’t believe someone is that way feeling’….but I accept what God is showing me. Forgive, move forward. It is sad that we have to treat some Christians with a 7 foot pole as we continue to love them. Wisdom from God is a very powerful gift.
I pray that you find with the help of the Holy Spirit deeper insights to wisdom from these additional readings and quote below: 1 Cor. 2:6-16; 2 Chronicles 1:7-12;Daniel 2:20-23;Proverbs 14:33 and Acts 22:7(can’t leave out something about Moses)
If you have more scriptures to add in comments, please do so. Thank you for stopping by and spending time with my thoughts. I so appreciate your time.
I Love You
Love Covers A Multitude of Sins