Fortitude-n- strength of mind that enables a person to encounter danger or bear pain or adversity with courage: strength
Synonyms- backbone, constancy, fiber, grit, guts, intestinal fortitude, pluck, spunk
Let’s pray- Father, Son, and Holy Spirit let me keep my focus on the scriptures that you’ve given me. Bring forth the message you want me to convey about fortitude in Jesus name. Amen
In this blog, I’ll be sharing examples of a few people in the bible that received the Gift of Fortitude from the Spirit of the Lord.
Isaiah 53: 7 He was oppressed, and he was afflicted, yet he opened not his mouth: he is brought as a lamb to the slaughter, and as a sheep before her shearers is dumb, so he openeth not his mouth.
- Jesus- The fullness of Fortitude from the Spirit of the Lord in action
Luke 12:11-12- And when they bring you unto the synagogues, and unto magistrates, and powers, take ye no thought how or what thing ye shall answer, or what ye shall say: For the Holy Ghost shall teach you in the same hour what ye ought to say.
- Trusting in the Spirit of the Lord for strength and courage.
In these two verses, two things were made clear to me…the Spirit of the Lord was in control and the Spirit of the Lord gives courage that strengthens.
We must trust in God in such a way that this gift is available to use when we are facing adversities and adversaries. The Lord wants us to see that this gift is necessary to do His will and for His children to be victorious. (TYHS) Why is it necessary you may ask? Below are questions to help you answer this question.
- Who is God?
- Who is man?
- Is anyone or anything i.e. the government, armies, humans, spiritual forces of evil, mountains, etc. stronger than God?
- Which is easier, to trust the seen (man)or to trust the unseen(God)?
- Who can help us fight against sin?
- Why do we easily fall into sin?
- Is it easy for us to tell a boss, a pastor, or government official face to face that they are making wrong decisions; that they are sinning?
- What limits us from confronting transgressions?
- Ultimately, our life is in the hands of _____?
Pull out your bibles, its study time. You will find wonderful instances and points about the Gift of Fortitude from the Spirit on the Lord resting upon those going through something and becoming victorious. Please read the following:
- 2 Chronicles 16-17 – Asa trusted in man; Jehoshaphat “sought” God.
- 2 Chronicles 26- Uzziah’s pride and downfall. Azariah and 80 other “courageous priests” were strong enough to confront King Uzziah. Keynote-Azariah had a support system in place.
- Joshua – Fighting against the wicked and taking possession. Who did Joshua serve?
- Samuel 17- David, a ‘youngun’, kills a giant. Where did little David get his confidence to go against big Goliath?
- Acts 27- Courage to face your storms and encourage others.
I think that’s enough reading for you to do. I pray that it gives you deep thoughts about the Gift of Fortitude from the Spirit of the Lord and how to receive it.
Lastly, the basic point I want to brand about the Gift of Fortitude from the Spirit of the Lord is this-> God wants us to look to Him for what we cannot do ourselves. From the above scriptures, do you understand the importance of obtaining and using this gift? Do you understand how this gift is received? Have you ever witnessed a child of God’s on their death-bed say “Lord, I don’t want to die?” TYHS for that question!
Let us pray. Father, I repent of all my sins. Forgive me Lord. I trust you Lord. Help me, your child, as you have helped many. Rest the gift of fortitude on me so that I can stand against all evil that try to weaken me. As your child, I do not want to be spineless in your ways. Spinelessness does not glorify you. In your son, Jesus name I pray. Thank you Holy Spirit – Amen. Amen. Amen.
I Love You
Love Covers A Multitude of Sins