Biblical Insight-There are three Key Responses To Use when you are approached and tempted by the devil and those that do his bidding for him:
- “It is written, Man shall not live by bread alone, but by every word that proceedeth out of the mouth of God.”
- “ It is written again, Thou shalt not tempt the Lord thy God.”
- “Get thee hence, Satan: for it is written, Thou shalt worship the Lord thy God, and him only shalt thou serve.”
Results of the Responses
“Then the devil leaveth him, and, behold, angels came and ministered unto him.”
The devil, aka the tempter, when he thought Jesus was at his most vulnerable moment, tempted Jesus three times and twice he “taketh”/lifted/carried Jesus up. Get this! He actually touched Jesus by lifting him up and setting him down or upon. That’s a “Whoa???” moment for me. Let’s have a look at these three times from a worldly perspective(TYHS):
- He tempted Jesus by using the you are in a position to make commands, so do it. You don’t need anyone’s authority. If he/she can do it, so can you. Most are familiar with this type of temptation. If they can do it you can do it too… you know the go over your bosses head, not consulting with others, just do it because you are a child of God’s propositional temptation? How many of us have been taken to a higher level by others and put in that type of situation, going over God’s head to become a commander of things and people? You don’t listen to others, LISTEN to God. He still speaks to you TODAY. When the time comes for you to face God, you will be facing Him alone; not with the people who have tempted you on their own authority.(Acts 4:18-20, Acts 5:9, Ephesians 5:21, 1Peter 5:3, Hosea 8:1-6, 1 Corinthians 11:3, and John 5:19)
- He tempted Jesus by using the prove it, if you are who you say you are methodical deception temptation(my new thought words). We do not have to prove anything to anyone on this earth. All we have to do is “Study to shew thyself approved unto God, a workman that needeth not to be ashamed, rightly dividing the word of truth.” (2 Timothy 2:15) That’s It! One verse.
- He tempted Jesus by using the you can have whatever you like as long as you bow down to me temptation. I think there is a song out there called “Whatever You Like.” 🙂 Most are also familiar with this type of temptation whereas a person(the fooled) becomes a bootlicker, brownnoser, kowtower, the a-k word, lackey, and/or a backscratcher. “feeling indebted to others who give them whatever they like. Notice that the word NEED is missing when presented with such a low temptation promising high expectations from others.(TYHS) Jesus gave us a clear example that this is not how the people of God should be. If we choose to serve God, then God provides for our every need. Enough said. ( brown high mountain they were taken to by others. People have a habit of Genesis 9:3, Genesis 22:13-14, Psalm 34:10,Matthew 6:31-32 and Philippians 4:19)
Mountain Top Insight– People who want to control you have issues controlling themselves and they are a people who are not led by the Spirit of God. Let’s label them as ‘Sweet Talkers’ and Fake Morale Boosters. I’m sorry I can’t work with or fathom the thought of the people of God being positionally fake.(Sigh!) Most likely these type of people have already experienced temptation in some form and know its outcome. The devil (our greatest example and foe) was tempted to control God’s kingdom; look where it got him and his followers…booted out(Rev.12:9). For edification please read 1 John 2:19-27.
We should remember that we have always been a vulnerable people that need the Lord since being put out of the Garden of Eden. More so now than ever. It is a fact that God will send His angels to minister to us( those who trust and believe in Him) at our lowest moments. The Holy Spirit will guide us. (Matthew 4:11, John 16:13) “There hath no temptation taken you but such as is common to man: but God is faithful, who will not suffer you to be tempted above that ye are able; but will with the temptation also make a way to escape, that ye may be able to bear it.” (1 Corinthians 10:13)
Therefore, let us be strong in the Lord as Jesus was, because if the devil approached Jesus…took him up and “setteth him”, know this one thing beloved:
He Is Not Afraid to Approach You And Taketh You Up.
Henceforth beloved, “Submit yourselves therefore to God. Resist the devil, and he will flee from you.” (James 4:7)
Because In Reality
“We don’t see the things the way they are. We see things the way WE are.”– Talmund
I Love You
Love Covers A Multitude of Sins