I am finishing up the Amos 9 part of my Lent journey. Yeah!!! Beloved, we all know who the “I AM” is in the Holy Bible, the “I AM” of the Beginning and of the End. While journeying through Amos 9 with the Spirit of God, lightning bugs, mosquitos and Lord knows what else was flying around outside at 2 in the morning on my back porch, I was reminded that He is not only “I AM.” He is also the God of “I Will” and “He that”. There are several themes in the bible that tell us about His ability to destroy and/or restore. In the book of Amos, we see what the Lord’s plan is for those inhabitants of the Northern Kingdom of Israel that mistreated the poor and those that lived a life (God-given life, might I add) of selfishness.
Questions…Are you or have you been an eyewitness to the mistreatment of the poor and to the selfish lifestyle of others? Are you or have you been a criminal when it comes to the mistreatment of the poor and have lived or living a selfish lifestyle? Dig deep within your heart for THE truthful answer. If you don’t, may I remind you that “He that” already know the answer will be the “I will” to destroy and/or restore you. (TYHS) It has been said many times before and shown throughout the Holy Bible that God, Our Father and Creator promises are all about His Glory and our salvation. Say what? (TYHS) As for me, it wholly manifested itself while on my journey with Amos, the “burdenbearer” prophet.
According to Amos 1:1, Amos prophesied/forecasted to Israel what the Lord showed him 2 years before the earthquake. I must ask another question here. If you were given 2 years to get your life in order for the Lord, our God, would you do it? Majority of the time we are given warnings and most ignore those warnings until the fly hits the fan. I repeat from the Amos 1-4 blog (https://talkativeangel.wordpress.com/2014/06/14/nakedness-be-aware-of-your-sins-amos-1-4/) “If you are not aware of your sin(s), how can you correct them? I found that an answer lies within the Book of Amos. (TYHS!!!) I Love You.”
Ok, so here we are with Amos and his 5th vision of the Lord standing by the altar and speaking. He confirmed through Amos and confirms through His many signs today, that no matter where you try to run and hide, you cannot hide from or escape from His final decision to destroy and/or restore. If you are anywhere in the vicinity of His atmosphere, you will not escape it, especially those wasting time and money building spaceships to travel to and live in space. It’s not prudent. Now, that’s syrup for your pancakes. Get your milk, to help you swallow that down while reading a brief Godtific aka scientific study about God’s atmosphere.
|Troposphere- the 1st and lowest level and is half of the Earth’s atmosphere( this is where God put us to live)|
|Stratosphere – the 2nd level ( this is where flight takes place along with the flying inhabitants of the skies)|
|Mesosphere- the 3rd level (this is where space meteors and rocks burn…oooh Hot!!! Cold!!!) It is also the layer that scientists know the least about.|
|Thermosphere- the 4th level (this is outer space, where you are NOT meant to live due to low air density and the high activity of the Sun) God allows the space industry to orbit this atmosphere.|
|Exosphere- the 5th level (this is the thinnest layer where things (atoms and molecules) escape into space. It is high above the 1st level. Only God will and can allow you to live here.|
Wow! Now I hope and pray that you can discern who is in charge of the atmosphere. He is the “I AM” God of “I will” and “He that.” Hallelujah Jesus!
Back to my time with the Spirit in Amos 9… Let us all be reminded as Israel was of the Lord’s power in the following themed verses which began in Amos 1:
- “…I will slay the last of them with the sword…”
- “…thence will I bring them down”
- “…I will search and take them…thence will I command the serpent”
- “…thence will I command the sword, and it shall slay them: and I will set mine eyes upon them for evil, and not for good.”
- “…he that toucheth the land, and it shall melt, and all that dwell therein shall mourn…”
- “…is he that buildeth his stories in the heaven, and hath founded his troop in the earth; he that calleth for the waters of the sea…”
- Praise Remembrance Break– Are ye not as children of the Ethiopians unto me, O children of Israel? saith the Lord. Have not I brought up Israel out of the land of Egypt? and the Philistines from Caphtor, and the Syrians from Kir?
- “…I will destroy it from off the face of the earth; saving that I will not utterly destroy the house of Jacob…”
- “…I will command, and I will sift…”
- “…will I raise up the tabernacle of David that is fallen, and close up the breaches thereof; and I will raise up his ruins, and I will build…”
- “…the Lord that doeth this…”
- “…I will bring again the captivity…”
- “And I will plant them upon their land, and they shall no more be pulled up out of their land which I have given them, saith the Lord thy God.”
My 2 cents…When the Spirit of God sends a messenger or message your way…”shut the trap and hear me please” as my grandson Elijah would say, you can not continue to run and hide from the Lord’s destruction and restoration plans.
This quote concludes my journey with The GOD of “I Will” and “He That” in the Book of Amos. I can’t wait to see what next years Lent journey has in store for me.
“God never made a promise that was too good to be true.”- D. L. Moody
Photo- Courtesy of Nat Geo